Architect (Security) | 6 months+ | FinTech | London | £750 per day
Working within an exciting FinTech start-up backed by a multinational banking group. My client is looking for someone with a software architecture background who enjoys agile working. There’s a great team vibe internally and they’re just missing the final piece to the puzzle.
You will work closely with the team lead to design and implement cutting-edge architecture across the innovative startup.
Initially, a key aspect of the role will involve documentation, specifically of the existing architecture: applications, data and technology. Furthermore, you will be required to document the security posture across data security, application-level security and development practise security producing a best in class document for cybersecurity in a digital-native bank.
Long-term, you will become a key member of the growing architecture team to ensure that the company is always at the forefront of technology, driving our competitive advantage in the increasingly competitive market of digital-only banks.
Documenting existing architecture to create an indelible record of the Architecture at Mettle.
- Document applications, data and technology architecture using Confluence, draw.io and UML (if necessary).
- Document all of the company’s security practises and systems, ranging from business-level security down to technology-level security (eg TLS certificate management etc).
- Feedback and present documentation to key stakeholders within the group
Helping ensure the build matches the architecture
- Work with engineers to understand implementation decisions and why .
- Conduct a gap analysis to check implementation against architecture design and refactor the architecture, taking into account the whys from above.
- Work with engineers and business to define a roadmap to close the gaps uncovered during analysis.
Improving architecture security
- Work alongside security to design secure processes with the best UX.
A desire to learn and develop architectural understanding
- Learn web-scale architectures, such as CQRS + event-sourcing, REST.
- Learn about technology choices within the following Mettle architectures:
- Kubernetes and docker
Ways of working
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, independent manner.
- Must be able to document sometimes complex ideas in an easily comprehensible manner.
- Must be comfortable asking questions and clarifications when necessary.