About the role
Data Editor required for the B2B arm of this Global Publisher and a true household name! My client is looking for an exceptional, globally minded Data Editor to source and analyse complex data and turn it into compelling articles for a professional fashion and luxury business audience. A broader understanding and contacts within the fashion and luxury sector, from analysts to consultancy firms and brands, would be helpful but not essential. This is a news and feature reporting role, so experience working in a news organisation is a plus.
This is a high-profile position in the editorial team, and other members will look to you for support on the ideation of data for their articles. An interest in sourcing and building data to support longer-form journalism and exclusives would be ideal.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Editorial Director to write two articles a week, including at least one feature story and an insightful, news-led article
- Build and maintain sources across fashion, business analysts, consultancies and third-party data providers
- Regularly interview CEOs and high-profile executives of major fashion brands, as well as investment banks, private equity and consultancy firms (at least six a year)
- Write at least two to three investigative, longer-format articles annually using data sources on a broader industry issue
- Contribute to team meetings, acting as a support and guide for younger members
- Collaborate with other editors and journalists and bring a can-do attitude to the workplace
- Source, build and contribute to data-led charts and visuals to enhance our story-telling
What Skills you need:
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- An ideas generator, eager to uncover original stories and angles from data and news
- Significant experience in data-led reporting, either in media or analyst roles
- Ability to apply data science and programming tools (e.g. Excel, R, Python) to produce exclusive news and features
- An understanding of the principles of chart design and interest in visual storytelling
- An ideas generator, eager to uncover original stories and angles
- Passion for accuracy and understanding of ethics around data gathering and analysis
- Ability to deliver excellently written copy within tight deadlines
- A collaborative working style
- Fluency in a second language is desirable
- Experience working overseas is advantageous
What they can offer you:
This offers the successful candidate the opportunity to not only work for the B2B are of one of the biggest publishers in the world but also offers the chance to work with some truly talented people!
Submit your details for more information about this opportunity.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for ourselves and our clients. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, natural origin, genetics, disability or age.