About the role
My client is a leading media owner and truly a household name. They are looking for a Deputy Editor for their syndication department for an initial 12 month fixed term contract. The role will be based in London and will have a hybrid work model (3 days in the office 2 from home).
The role will have the following responsibilities:
- Akin to that of a copy-taster or news editor, the role requires quick-decision making and ability to prioritise stories.
- Take responsibility and pride in role, choosing stories from across all the main sections of my clients portfolio.
- Must be flexible, working to a seven-day a week rota. Shifts are 3pm-10.30pm.
- Able to work to a deadline, and respond to any last-minute changes in copy.
- Always aware of clients’ needs.
What Skills you need:
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- An excellent news sense is essential.
- Knowledge of foreign and domestic news as well as business, sport, and culture.
- Experience of working for a wire agency is desirable, but not essential.
- Can spot a story that will appeal to editors around the globe.
- Comfortable working alone as well as being able to build relationships with various newsroom desks, liaising with them directly to address queries.
- Ability to juggle different tasks simultaneously, while maintaining an attention to detail
- Able to adapt to any new production methods. Liaise with commercial colleagues in the syndication team, for example, working together on any copyright restrictions.
What they can offer you:
My client are a leader in their field. They offer the successful candidate the chance to work for this household name and also offer a friendly supportive environment.
Submit your details for more information about this opportunity.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for ourselves and our clients. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, natural origin, genetics, disability or age.