DevOps Engineer | 6 months+ | FinTech | City of London | £600 per day
DevOps Engineer – FinTech start up
A start-up at heart with strong corporate support. Their mission influences everything they do, and they have very privileged access to the multinational bank’s SME customer base to get them started.
What does this role holder do? (Accountabilities)
- Drive infrastructure and tooling improvements that enable the business to confidently operate at pace.
- Establish a DevOps practice that supports and enables engineers and the business.
- Deploy scalable cloud (Azure & GCP) based services.
- Responsible for automation & system provisioning, metrics, monitoring, scalability and security.
- Promote what we do to the wider bank and technology industry.
- Proactively mitigate for malicious security risks and put in place a robust Real Time monitoring framework.
Three Lines of Defence: 1LOD – Management & Supervision
- Own, manage and supervise the risks in the business area, ensuring mechanisms are in place to identify, report, manage and mitigate risk within defined risk appetite.
- Risk practices and behaviours are consistent with the target risk culture where risk is simply part of the way we work and think. Works collaboratively with others.
Purpose of Role
- Work with technologies and cloud services to automate platforms and software deployments in a fast paced, scalable, secure and consistent manner.
- Manage and run production and non-production cloud platforms with no downtime to customers or staff.
- Evaluate architecture choices on an ongoing basis, in anticipation of increased scale and ever-evolving technology to meet the demands of a rapidly growing business.
What are the skills, knowledge and experience needed to do the role?
- Deep knowledge of Continuous Integration and Delivery tooling such as Github, MS Azure continuous deployment, docker & Teraform.
- Extensive production experience using the Microsoft Azure technology stack, including:
- Web apps, traffic manager, functions, CDN, Application insights, pipelines, data bricks, storage & security.
- Experience of administrating Office 365.
- Production experience using Google’s big data technology stack, including:
- Big query, big query storage, big query analytics & cloud dataprep.