Global Technical Information Security Specialist | London | £90,000 – £130,000
Technical Information Security Specialist
A Global Financial Services organisation is seeking an experienced Technical Information Security Specialist to work as an integral component of the company’s global Security Operations team. The individual will focus on DLP, Vulnerability Management, Security Operations/ Engineering, Information Risk and Access Control. The candidate will be accountable for establishing consensus with stakeholders to reduce cyber risks while minimising broader operational impact.
This is a newly formed role reporting directly into the Global Security Director with a remit across both the UK and US. Experience working with Senior Stakeholders (CISO, CIO, and CTO) is essential for this post.
- Strong experience deploying and tuning enterprise-class data loss prevention suites to include data in use, data in motion, data at rest, file share encryption, and email encryption (policy-based)
- Ability to influence and drive consensus across senior technology and business leaders to drive integration of security into business processes
- Deep experience in a security operations center environment to include event detection, incident response, crisis management, and forensics investigations
- Rate the severity of defects and publish comprehensive reports detailing associated risks and mitigations
- Support broader vulnerability management processes to measure exploitability of vulnerabilities more precisely
- Reduce the cost of vulnerability remediation by identifying defects early within development lifecycle
- Soft skill – maturity. Self-starter who can flourish with minimal day-to-day oversight.
- Soft skill – confidence. Strong opinions around what the next generation of security looks like, able to influence development of strategy
If you are open to discussing this Global Technical Information Security Specialist role in more depth, please feel free to contact me on: