Head of Content Strategy & Innovation | London | £100,000 – £150,000 + Bens
Head of Content Strategy & Innovation | London| £100,000 – £150,000
About the role:
Head of Content Strategy & Innovation required for a world-renowned brand based in London. The Head of Content Strategy & Innovation determines the content strategy & commissioning framework that is executed by the content studio. This role involves the content strategy & commissioning for content used across multiple platforms and formats to drive a personal and relevant experience for my client’s customers – resulting in sales, engagement, retention and leads. That includes managing the relationships and partnerships we have with 3rd party content producers and providers who might be part of their content creation capability.
As Head of Content Strategy & Innovation, you will also be responsible for innovating how they present, structure and store the content in order to drive new experiences and operational efficiency.
Accountabilities will include:
Mapping out a content strategy that supports and extends customer engagement, both short and long-term. Continually evolve the strategy on learnings on which tactics work for the brand in given territories. Identify the content types the brand in given territories. Identify the content types the brand is going to pursue and the platforms those assets are going to be published on through competitive review and test outcomes.
Establish and manage the commissioning framework for those content types and, where needed, put together the operational strategy for delivering that content.
Partnerships and Integrations:
Responsible for establishing content structures appropriate for the respective content areas to drive user experience.
Impact on Business:
- Positive brand recognition and consistency across chosen published channels.
- An increase in define customer engagement metrics
- Website and social media traffic growth
- Increases in key search engine keyword rankings and quality scores on Search Engine Marketing
- Clearly defining content distribution during particular stages of the customer journey and life stage
- Identifying up-sell and cross-sell opportunities through content analysis, and development
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Significant experience as a respected leader in multi-channel content creation (publishing, journalism, etc)
- Experience with creating compelling messages for different target demographics
- Expertise in content creation tool-sets (Content Management Systems & Creative Productions Tools) demonstrable passion for and usage of new tools and platforms that enhance the experience offered to customers
- Demonstrable experience in Audience Development and Engagement Strategies including creating compelling messages for different target demographics
- Experience of influencing, leading and inspiring large teams of creative personnel and content creators
- Skilled in both long-form content creation and distribution strategies and tactics
- Organised, with a delivery mindset. Able to create the framework to make use of the global footprint and meet editorial schedules and deadlines
- Good communicator with a diverse stakeholder group with the proven ability to negotiate and influence
- Experience in staffing versus partnership / external commissioning decisions and ongoing management to deliver the maximum experience within the budget
- Multilingual abilities a major plus
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations or related communications field. MBA in marketing a plus.
To apply for this Head of Content Strategy & Innovation position, please email me, Neil Rogers, Head of Content & Editorial Recruitment a copy of your CV.