Principal Engineer | Head of Development | Central London | Up to £120,000 + package
Principal Engineer required to lead and inspire an engineering lab of circa 100 front-end and back-end engineers. You’ll be joining a newly formed digital practice within a global retail bank in the financial district of London. The role offers £120,000 plus package benefits.
- Stakeholder management up to C Level (Goes without saying)
- Experience managing multiple cross-functional teams
- Strong digital and technical background with a passion for keeping abreast of new technology, that includes Chatbots, AI and Machine Learning
- Experience in transforming an organisation into “Digital First”
- Team player with the ability to create a strong sense of community amongst teams
- Agile evangelist with a focus on driving new ways of working
- Ability to drive innovation, with a creative approach to problem-solving
- Strong Digital and technical background with a passion for keeping abreast of new tech (Chatbots, AI, ML)
- Tech savvy with Lean and progressive technologies such as Cloud
- You will be the representative of this engineering practice, fighting the good fight when required
About the role
Within this Head of Development role, you will be managing, leading and hiring a team of Technical Leads to manage the teams. Your role will be to further build this capability and continue to create an innovative, Agile and progressive environment. This is naturally not a hands-on role, however, to be successful you must have a passion for technology; keeping your pulse on the next generation ways of working. You should be naturally inspiring and a strong manager who can deal with conflict and promote innovation.
The focus of this position is to manage the UK Engineering capability which dominates the global market share. However, you will also be required to input on the other 37 across the globe, making this an extremely exciting opportunity to deliver cutting-edge products spanning global reach.
About the company
This is an organisation with huge plans for their digital offering. Their goal is to amaze customers and colleagues alike by delivering powerful digital solutions, constantly striving to create new cutting-edge capabilities.
Please submit your details for more information about this opportunity.
Phone: 0207 265 7800
Location: Central London
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: £120,000 Plus Benefits and Package
Location: Central London