About the role
Programmatic Campaign Strategist required for a 6 month maternity cover contract for a leading publisher based in London (remote working for the foreseeable future. The purpose of the role is to maximise digital revenue, yield and effectiveness for the publishers clients by collaborating with the sales teams on the digital elements of pitches, proposals, pricing and conversion of the premium format and data products in premium advertising and direct partnerships.
To be successful for the course of this 6 month contract you will be the senior in-house digital and programmatic trading expert, evangelising my clients digital innovation products and contributing to closing deals with clients at agencies and brands alongside our sales teams, operating equally effectively with all levels of seniority at our key contacts, from planner/buyers to senior leadership.
This includes the ability to work with the rest of the Commercial Innovation team to recommend the appropriate digital innovation products on brief responses, and provide digital trading expertise including co-writing digital proposals, responding to briefs, co-authoring pitches, recommending pricing, and closing or helping to close the digital elements of direct ‘partnership’ deals in collaborations with our client-facing sales and partnerships teams.
The role will also have the following responsibilities:
- Be the in house digital sales expert for digital transactions with premium direct advertisers and the digital elements of editorially integrated partnerships
- Collaborate on writing the digital element of partnership pitches, including 1st party audience products, premium formats, metrics that matter, pricing, recommendations
- Support the client, agency and partnerships teams in high investment level pitches where detailed digital expertise is needed
- Collaborate closely with the Head of Commercial Data Strategy to bring innovative audience products to market.
- Be external facing (client and agencies) as required by the business in order to support the transformation of our innovation propositions in market, and the commercial teams’ confidence in taking ownership of them
- Support the commercial teams in their messaging of data products developed with the Head of Commercial Data Strategy, such as 2nd party data matching, data modelling, off-site activity, and bespoke data insights for long-term client partnerships
What skills you need
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Seniority in commercial media, as individual contributor, team lead, or project leadership to director or group head level
- 7+ years digital commercial / sales experience; working with agencies and/or clients to understand their strategic priorities and crafting winning high level sales pitches
- Trading; ability to sell a variety of types of digital deal (including digital display, data partnerships, via agencies and client direct)
- Excellent presenter and negotiator, and ability to close.
- Highly numerate and analytical.
- Experience in both digital direct and programmatic sales would be an advantage
- 1st party data and audiences experience; keen understanding of ad tech terminology and processes
- Innovative and inquisitive mind; able to brainstorm, build on ideas, instigate new ways to achieve our goals, and drive change to achieve revenue targets
- Highly organised; ability to program manage and see projects through from inception to delivery
- Experience supporting strategic initiatives in editorial and subs led businesses would be an advantage
- Experience innovating and seeing through to GTM new digital publisher premium products would be an advantage
What they can offer you
My client is a leader in their field and are a household name. They offer a friendly supportive environment and the opportunity to work on a leading portfolio of brands.
Submit your details for more information about this opportunity.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for ourselves and our clients. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, natural origin, genetics, disability or age.