About the role:
My client is a global media owner and a household name! They are currently recruiting for a Senior Content Merchandising Manager to join the UK Streaming & Marketing team. You will be responsible for planning and merchandising content for the video streaming service. This role will be responsible for understanding platform capabilities and deploying best in class merchandising capabilities to optimise the user experience and drive engagement with their rich content offering. This role will collaborate with content, product and analytics teams locally and centrally to enable outstanding personalized experiences across the user lifecycle aligned to local customer segmentation and viewing trends.
The role will also have the following responsibilities:
- Partner with Content Strategy & Title Marketing teams on upcoming content planning and merchandise the content across the UK streaming platform
- Collaborate with content operations teams on merchandising requests, wireframe recommendations, carousels settings and more
- Gain a deep understanding of audience viewing patterns and metrics, optimize current audience engagement strategies to drive user engagement.
- Stay ahead of local audience usage habits & inspire various teams to craft strategies to effectively capitalize on emerging consumer trends and tastes
- Enable outstanding personalized user experiences across onboarding, streaming, content discovery, content recommendations and more
- Collaborate with the product automation & personalization team on features driving personalization and engagement at scale
- Partner with internal insights and analytics teams to analyze content performance across different cohorts of users. Track engagement and optimise daily.
- Adopt A/B testing philosophy and continue to iterate and optimize the User Experience
- Collaborate and influence platform design and UX to improve content merchandising capabilities ensuring the best experience for UK market.
What skills you need:
The successful candidate will have the following skills & experience:
- 5+ years of experience with content merchandising within the media industry
- Solid understanding of the streaming landscape with a passion for content
- Experience working with multi-platform products on mobile, web and OTT.
- Highly collaborative with ideally experience in an international matrix structure
- Experience with journeys powered by machine learning, algorithms and recommendation systems.
- A strong point of view when it comes to design systems, tools, and processes as well as qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills and present high-quality documents to leadership
- Capability to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
What they can offer you:
My client is a media giant and a household name. They are going through and exciting transformation of their streaming service and this offers the excitement of working within a start-up environment with the security of working for a global media company.
Submit your details for more information about this opportunity.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for ourselves and our clients. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, natural origin, genetics, disability or age.