About the role:
SEO Content Editor required for a innovative digital and publishing business that operates in the travel industry. This role will be working on one of their flagship websites. As SEO content Editor you will be responsible for researching customer trends and demand, creating new SEO content & optimising existing content on the site to deliver growth of the business KPIs. This role will report into Senior Digital Content Editor.
The role will also have the following responsibilities:
- To be the ‘owner’ of all SEO content on the website delivering target KPIs to the business
- Write blog posts and marketing copy to promote our products and services
- Proofread, re-structure and edit articles written by magazine editorial team and post on site
- Update our website and social media pages with new content as it comes relevant
- Work with editorial team to deliver weekly newsletters
- Create new pages throughout the site based on consumer demand to drive visitor/leads
- Optimize published pieces using SEO guidelines
- Ensure that all content on site is current in information / relevance
- Create and manage a content creation calendar and ensure timely publication
- Generate new ideas around industry-related topics
- Monitor web traffic and user engagement (e.g. bounce rates)
- Research current consumer trends and create optimised content to respond driving new visitors
- Keyword research on key consumer activities and create content/pages in response to drive KPIs
What skills you need:
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
Skills and Experience
- Experienced and competent in writing optimised content for websites
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems
- Familiarity and confidence with SEO and keyword research
- Familiarity with Search Console, free-to-use planning tools and SEMrush
- Resilient & tenacious – able to get the job done
- Good team member & not precious about ‘ownership’
- Able to pick work up at short notice and ‘dive in’
- Enthusiastic, ambitious & keen to be part of the growing team and business
What they can offer you:
This is a newly created position so offers someone the chance to really come in and own the SEO content offering. The salary on offer for this role is £27,000. They also operate on a hybrid model.
Submit your details for more information about this opportunity.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for ourselves and our clients. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, natural origin, genetics, disability or age.