About the role:
SEO Writer required for a leading media & news company for an initial 6 month fixed term contract (strong likelihood of rolling on for the foreseeable future). The role can be worked remotely but you will need to be based in the UK as it is paid PAYE. Also this role involves working shifts between 8am and 10pm across seven days.
The main remit of the SEO Writer is to deliver search authority around key topics for a series of national and regional newspaper sites by creating and updating bespoke articles based on the latest search trends.
You will also have the following responsibilities:
- Researching and writing clean, quick copy to maximise search traffic. The job is really varied – one day you might be writing about TV and celebrities, the next writing an explainer around the biggest news event of the day and the next writing about a big seasonal event like Glastonbury.
- Creating and/or optimising evergreen articles ((including manually updating headlines, copy and links when necessary).
- Work with customer to ensure our content attracts search traffic around important keywords and events
- Identify potential opportunities to generate search traffic and proactively suggest ideas to improve performance
- Creating content that leads the way in terms of SEO best practice and guidance
- Identifying and communicating SEO best practice guidelines across the team
- Exceed KPIs set by customer
What skills you need:
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent understanding of SEO and how to optimise articles for publication online
- Excellent understanding of Google Trends and the latest advice
- Confident / proven background of attaining web traffic targets
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent knowledge of media law
- NCTJ or equivalent qualification
- Ability to report quickly and accurately under pressure
- Newsroom experience
- Extensive experience in SEO techniques, tools and best practice, with demonstrable results
- Experience of uploading copy and images/video to a CMS
What they can offer you:
My client is a leader in it’s field and this is an amazing opportunity to work for this great company. They offer complete remote working so you can also be based anywhere in the UK!
Submit your details for more information about this opportunity.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for ourselves and our clients. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, natural origin, genetics, disability or age.