Web Design Advisor | Arts Council England | National | Circa £31,350
RedCat Digital have partnered exclusively with Arts Council England to help them recruit a brand new digital network. The network will be made up of 9 positions with one role based in each of their regional offices: Birmingham, Nottingham, Bristol, Brighton, Cambridge, London, Leeds, Manchester & Newcastle. This is an amazing opportunity to be part of this brand new digital network that will support and advise the development of digital growth in the arts and cultural sector in England.
We are looking to build a multi-skilled network across the country that will be able to consult organisations in the arts and cultural sector, in order to increase their digital maturity across a broad range of areas including; Web Design, Content, Data & Analytics, Social Media, E-commerce, SEO/SEM, Productivity and CRM.
Do you have what it takes to be a Web Design Advisor?
This job advert relates to the Tech Champion of Web Design. As a web design advisor, you will need to be skilled in some, and able to provide support and advice on best practice in the following areas:
- Best practice of web design and user experience (including e-commerce)
- Mobile responsive websites
- Health Checking of websites from an accessibility & usability viewpoint
- The ability to offer advice and guidance around website redesigns and improvements
- The ability to offer advice and guidance around web development platforms and content management system
- Best practice advice around day to day website management (ie regular updated etc)
Along with the above experience, the ideal web design advisor will have the following skills & experience:
- Excellent communication skills to both individuals and groups in a persuasive confident and engaging manner
- An ability to influence, engage and bring together internal and external stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds and organisations
- A strong knowledge of the technology sector in your region, understanding the local trends with good links to the key players and hot spots of innovation
- The motivation to make a difference, be a self-starter, work well independently, manage your time effectively and exercise judgment with an emphasis on actionable outcome
The successful web design advisor will also be:
- Approachable, empathetic, understanding and open to new ideas. A good listener with the ability to understand and translate technical and non-technical information for different audiences
- Creative and inquisitive with an appetite for building knowledge and expertise beyond your area of specialism
- A collaborative team-player who thinks strategically and understands the contribution of their work to the bigger picture
This is a fixed term contract for 2 years, working 35 hours per week
About the Arts Council England
Arts Council England is a national investment and development agency for art and culture. They use public money from the government and the National Lottery to bring great art and culture to everyone. They believe art and culture inspires us, brings us together and teaches us about ourselves and the world around us. In short, they make life better.
They support combined arts, dance, literature, music, theatre and visual art, as well as museums and libraries. Through a range of funds, they provide short and long-term investment for individual artists and arts projects, arts organisations, museums, galleries and libraries.
Alongside investing in arts and culture, they also have a vital role in developing its availability, relevance and sustainability across England. They offer successful candidates a great opportunity to join at this exciting time. They also have a very good benefits package and invest heavily in the learning and development of their employees.
For the full job description, click here…
To apply please send your CV, cover letter and Equal Opportunities form to email@example.com, with the name of the role you are applying for in the subject heading
Type: Fixed Term
Location: Birmingham, Manchester or Nottingham
Industry: Web Design