About the role
Video publishing Manager required for the digital team of this leading publisher for an initial 6 month fix term contract. Working at part of the studio’s team the successful candidate will be responsible for the distribution and crucially, the optimisation of the video content across some of my client’s premium titles. The aim of the role is to ensure video best practice along with the highest possible page view to video ration is achieved. Any experience with JW player would be highly beneficial but is not required.
- Working with the video production team to create distribution schedules to meet business needs.
- Coordinate with Editors-in-Chief across brands to make sure contextual video is served on the relevant articles.
- Act as the point of contact with our video player supplier, JW Player.
- Analysis of current web page set up to ensure that all pages have video optimised in order to meet the business needs and ultimately generate revenue,
- Ensure that all video is uploaded inline with best practice guidelines on tagging. This will involve doing some of this yourself as well as working with distribution advocates around the business to ensure they are following guidelines.
- Work with editorial teams to ensure that they understand how to use the templates in CMS to create the best user experience for video.
What Skills you need:
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience of working in a video publishing role. It would be helpful (but not essential) if that was for a digital publishing company, media business or new organisation.
- Experience in managing and developing complex video distribution schedules.
- An understanding of online user behaviour and how to optimise pages for the viewer.
- Experience and understanding of Content Management Systems and web publishing platforms.
- Experience of analysis of video performance data to help develop on-going creative and distribution strategy.
- Excellent relationship building skills at all levels of seniority.
- Strong organisation and attention to detail.
- A passion for video content
What they can offer you:
This initial 6 month contract has a strong possibility to extend and the chance to work with a household name on some amazing titles! Oh yes, they also offer unlimited time off!
Submit your details for more information about this opportunity.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for ourselves and our clients. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, natural origin, genetics, disability or age.