In the fast-paced world of digital technology, the pursuit of top talent often leads to remarkable financial rewards. As an agency deeply immersed in the digital sector, RedCat knows that the UK’s economic prosperity, competitiveness, and global standing rely heavily on the continued success of digital technology. What’s fascinating is that, even in a market where many industries have seen a decline in job opportunities, senior professionals in digital roles are seizing the opportunity to secure some truly impressive salaries.
The UK’s job market has seen its ups and downs. Vacancies decreased in the second and third quarters, with the digital and tech sectors experiencing a dip. Yet, as we move through the last quarter of the year, a new balance is emerging. While job cuts still happen, companies are not hesitating to hire, albeit in slightly reduced numbers. Moreover, our client base is optimistic, predicting growth in the fourth quarter and ramping up hiring levels for 2024, even if the exact figures remain uncertain.
In this blog, we’ll explore three senior digital/tech roles – Product Management, DevOps/SRE, and Data Engineering – and unveil the generous salaries they offer to the seasoned professionals driving digital transformation. From lucrative compensation packages to an array of industries seeking their expertise, let’s explore how senior-level digital specialists are truly cashing in on the dynamic landscape of the digital space.
Senior Product Management:
- What’s particularly interesting about this role right now: more companies are looking to leverage AI and machine learning for their products – especially in areas like SaaS and B2B but some in B2C as well for user experience.
- The biggest sectors that hire the role: Industries such as technology, e-commerce, and finance have a strong demand for senior product managers. However, their expertise is valued across various sectors.
- The salary: Senior Product Managers can earn up to £100,000.
- What’s particularly interesting about this role right now: They add critical value to businesses. This is because of the high risks and costs associated with potential errors. This is of course amplified by the on-call nature and industry demand for their expertise.
- The biggest sectors that hire the role: The demand for DevOps and SRE experts is widespread, with industries like technology, healthcare, and finance leading the way.
- The salary: Senior DevOps/SRE professionals can command salaries of up to £120,000.
- What’s particularly interesting about this role right now: They work closely with Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers, playing a pivotal role in the development and deployment of Machine Learning models. From an employability perspective, those with a background in software engineering are particularly sought after. Such engineers are more inclined to champion clean code practices and employ Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD) methodologies.
- The biggest sectors that hire the role: Data Engineers are highly sought after in industries like technology, finance, and retail, where data plays a critical role in decision-making.
- The salary: Senior Data Engineers can earn up to £95,000. This figure can escalate to £150k depending on experience and industry too.
In the digital and tech landscape, senior-level professionals are cashing in on some truly impressive salaries. Despite market fluctuations, these roles remain not just secure but highly lucrative. As we look ahead to 2024, the digital space continues to offer exciting opportunities for those who are ready to seize them.
Have these skill sets been hard to hire?
Will these roles remain in demand? What trend changes can we expect in the coming months?
For more information, Download your RedCat Digital Salary Guide for free here.
RedCat Digital’s Salary Guide is a valuable resource for seasoned professionals looking to take their careers to the next level and businesses eager to secure top digital talent. The digital payday is within reach for those who are well-prepared and well-informed in this dynamic and ever-evolving space.