Financial Services, Global Bank
London/Remote (2-3 days in the office per week)
£400pd (Inside IR35)
6 months (+ extensions)
Tasks range from understanding business requirements, designing application structures, business data analysis, programming applications in Visual C#.NET on both Oracle and SQL Server database, testing with users, implementation through Development, Quality Assurance (QA), Production and Disaster Recovery environments. Supporting users and writing documents will also be required.
As well as the application development, this role will also include all aspects of systems construction. Support for existing application programmes which are written in other languages like VB.NET, MS VBA for Excel and Access, MS VB and MS Excel Macros will also be required.
- Defining Database objects required in systems by communicating with SQL and Oracle Database Administrators
- Providing script for database inquiry languages, ie, T-SQL (SQL Server) and PL/SQL (Oracle) to provide analysis and exporting data etc
- Setting up a system distribution method to Citrix and application Servers for both Web and Window applications
- Following the existing team programming policy to keep a common development style to be shared among team members
- Updating versions of MS .NET Framework and MS Visual .NET platform to include any necessary changes of existing systems running in Production
- Liaising with the relevant support team, ie Development, Technical Support, Network and Infrastructure, when users experiences system problems
- Maintaining development on SQL Server when changes are made and testing before being rolled out with the cooperation of SQL Server DBAs
- Assessing the impact of data processing loads on SQL and Oracle database and when appropriate, finding alternative approaches
- Rolling out changes made by system development and ensuring the change history has been maintained