About the company
A Global Publishing company responsible for some of the biggest brands around the world, led by some of the most influential people in fashion, tech, and media. You’d be hard pressed to find a brand as well known and ubiquitously liked. They are running a major business transformation, and this is an exciting opportunity to help rewrite how a multi-billion dollar company approaches engineering in the 21st century!
About the role
You will join the Data & Insights team, working along alongside digital and commercial analysts to deliver ground breaking actionable insights to benefit editorial, product and commercial teams – a project they have started in order to better understand their customer base and adapt their approach accordingly.
- Designing, implementing and deploying data pipelines dealing with big data
- Contributing to our inclusive and collaborative work culture
- Finding that careful balance between doing things right and getting things done
- Working productively and efficiently with technical and non-technical people alike
- Iterating on anything and everything to make incremental improvement
- Choosing the things you care about changing, and changing them
What skills do you need?
- Experience with Python
- Experience with SQL and data warehousing
- Be comfortable writing, maintaining, testing, debugging and optimising every day
- Being comfortable working with a variety of third party APIs and developer tools
- An understanding of big data and its challenges
- Exposure to batch data ingestion
- Appreciation for the importance of testing
- Willingness to explore and learn new technologies and approaches
- Experience with version control systems such as Git
Submit your details for more information about this opportunity.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for ourselves and our clients. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, natural origin, genetics, disability or age.