About the role:
My client is a leading digital publisher and they are currently looking for a Live Blog Editor to support the French market. This will be a 1 year fixed term contract and can be based in the UK and be paid PAYE.
As Live Blog Editor you will spearhead our live blog reporting around trending stories of national and global significance in a way that engages our audience in interesting and unique ways.
You will use our live-blogging platform to curate coverage across a wide range of topics, covering everything from FR politics and the Ukraine crisis to pop culture or entertainment. In short, if you love the buzz of live reporting, this is the role for you. My client combines original reporting with curated content from a wide range of partners, and liveblogs are a key way in which we can contexualise this coverage for our audience.
In this role you will make instant judgements on how to approach stories as they unfold in real time, spotting the strongest angles that resonate with our audience and ensuring our coverage is accurate, engaging and useful – and remains rooted in fact at all times.
Working closely with the editors, the successful candidate will play a key role in a forward-planning content strategy that targets major events in a way that gives our live blogs the best chance of success.
A background of working in digital journalism, knowing how to use a CMS and understanding the importance of metadata, tagging, captions and audience insights to ensure our content performs at its best is critical to this role.
- Work with the FR team to spot trending news stories as they happen and cover them using our live blogging platform
- Act as the liveblogging expert within the team – sharing best practice and helping others in the team to understand the principles behind live coverage.
- Work closely with the audience team around content planning for live coverage opportunities
- Use analytics/live data to inform editorial decision-making and ensure we reach our audience as effectively as possible – exploring every opportunity to ensure maximum engagement and readership
- Collaborate with our audience team to ensure we’re always striving to reach new audiences
- Sometimes work unsociable hours, such as weekends and evenings, when there is a business requirement
What skills you need:
- Have at least 4 years’ experience working in digital journalism.
- Fluent in French and ideally a French national
- Have experience interviewing, sourcing stories, conducting interviews and writing for digital publications with a sound understanding of media law
- Have a track record of innovation and the ability to constructively challenge convention in everything you do
- Have a demonstrable passion for the FR news landscape – including News, Entertainment and Culture, Health and more
- Be inclusive and have excellent communication skills at all levels, and an ability to work
- Please include examples of your work across a range of topics
Submit your details for more information about this opportunity.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for ourselves and our clients. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, natural origin, genetics, disability or age.