We have an exciting opening for a Backend Technical Lead at a Web3/NFT company with significant funding. In this role, you’ll play a pivotal part in developing platforms and services that empower Web3 developers to build custom marketplaces, and NFT applications, and securely trade NFTs.
As the Tech Lead, your responsibilities will include leading the development of backend services and indexing blockchain and external data into our internal database. You’ll also focus on ensuring the security and scalability of their API, meeting SLAs, and SLOs, and maintaining a leadership position in the market.
You’ll be an integral part of a 5/6-member engineering team within a larger team of 20. This role offers a balance of hands-on coding (80%) and leadership tasks, including stakeholder management and hiring (20%).
- Spearhead the technical strategy for backend services and design the fundamental services and API framework.
- Develop features in alignment with business needs.
- Enhance and oversee both new and current systems to boost performance, security, and scalability.
- Collaborate closely with team members to enforce best practices, conduct code reviews, and maintain a high standard of coding.
- Engage with stakeholders and effectively communicate business requirements to the broader team.
- Proficiency in programming with Java/Kotlin
- In-depth expertise in designing and implementing microservices architecture
- Proven track record in crafting robust, scalable, and customer-centric APIs
- Familiarity with technologies such as MongoDB, Kafka, and AWS
- Strong communication skills in English
- Experience collaborating with teams located globally
- A keen interest in and knowledge of the Web3 and NFT domains
- Up to £110,000/ €125,000 Base Salary
- Token grant/Stock Option
- Relocation Packages Available
- Unlimited Holiday
- L&D Reimbursement program
Revised Interview Process:
- Initial Screening Call
- Technical Assessment – 30 to 45 minutes, conducted by the Head of Engineering
- Final Interview – A discussion with the CEO
Phone: 0207 265 7800
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for ourselves and our clients. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, natural origin, genetics, disability, or age.