About the role
An experienced UX designer required for a UK leading financial services corporation working within their innovation design team. You will be working with a dynamic, experienced team with plans to double in size over the next year, creating a brilliant opportunity for rapid career growth! Alongside working closely with product owners, researchers, visual designers and development, you will also be working under an experienced director.
This person will work across all customer facing apps/ websites, but also across all customer touchpoints, experience and an interest in service design is highly desirable. Although the client is a leading bank, this is not a typical financial services culture, the team come from a variety of backgrounds and sectors, and leading design agencies – they are looking for the right person first and foremost!
This is a great opportunity to work in a impactful role with a fun, creative working culture that supports individual progression – the team are growing rapidly and there is a genuine opportunity for this person to take the next step in their career under the guidance and mentorship of a really supportive, talented manager.
What skills you need:
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
Minimum of 4 years’ experience as a digital UX designer, experience in financial services is beneficial but definitely not essential.
- Extensive experience of delivering interface designs for use in high performance environments
- An extensive portfolio demonstrating creative and analytical thinking and the delivery of effective UX solutions
- Experience of planning and facilitating design sprint workshops
- Knowledge of responsive and adaptive design and a background in human-computer interaction, or a related field
- Knowledge of process flows, customer journey mapping and service design blue-prints and an understanding of low definition wireframing as a key step in the process of iterative design
- The ability to use interaction design and visualisation tools such as Axure and Sketch
- Good critical thinking skills and the ability to constructively challenge key decisions with stakeholders and influence cohesive solution
What responsibilities you will have:
The role will include the following responsibilities but are not limited to:
- Working closely with product owners, researchers, visual designers and development to create both new products and features.
- Translating customer insights into design experiences and forming a compelling story around it
- Working with Agile project teams and key stakeholders to develop and own the delivery of user centred solutions within project timeframes and objectives
- Commissioning and participating in user research and testing activities, and drawing the insight needed to make informed and user centred design decisions
What they can offer you
- Exceptional flexi benefits scheme
- Competitive bonus scheme
- 30 days annual leave
- Pension scheme
- Remote first working – minimum of 2 days a month
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for ourselves and our clients. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, natural origin, genetics, disability or age.