About the role:
Assistant Shopping Editor required for a leading digital publisher for a 12 month FTC. As Assistant Shopping Editor you will be supporting the Shopping Editor to utilise affiliate dashboards and trending sections on key merchants sites to pitch popular and conversion-led content to my client users. You will also be working with the Audience team to monitor and update existing evergreen content and create new, SEO-focused content to build search traffic and generate revenue. This role will suit a digital journalist with a strong commerce background who can support the Shopping Editor in helping the users buy with confidence by highlighting trending and top rated products in additions to unmissable deals that help them navigate the current finical climate.
The role will also have the following responsibilities;
- Work with wider editorial team to create content that supports the content areas of authority
- Utilise affiliate dashboards and trending sections on key merchants’ sites to pitch popular and conversion-led content for our users
- Work with Audience team to monitor and update existing evergreen content and create new, SEO-focused content to build search traffic and generate revenue
- Create honest and high value tried and tested content for relevant new and trending products e.g. viral TikTok buys
- Support the Shopping Editor in planning and covering tentpole commerce events
- Assist with securing and executing branded content opportunities
- Help with implementation of commerce
What skills you need:
- The successful candidate will have the following skills experience:
- Has experience of writing and building engaging, data-informed and SEO-focused digital shopping content
- Has experience working with affiliate partners
- Is ready to take the next step in their career, supporting the shopping editor in managing freelancers and hitting our revenue goals
- Has media law training
- Preferably NCTJ qualified
Submit your details for more information about this opportunity.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for ourselves and our clients. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, natural origin, genetics, disability or age.