About the role:
Trending News Reporter required for a leading digital media owner based in London for a 12 month FTC. The role has a possibility of being remote but the candidate would need to be based in the UK.
As Trending News Reporter the focus of the role is to spot trending stories on search and social and create content that engages our audience in interesting and unique ways.
Working closely with the news editors, the successful candidate must be able to turn their hand at covering a wide range of trending topics in the UK, from UK politics and the Ukraine crisis to human interest stories and viral videos.
They will be expected to make instant judgements on how to approach stories as they unfold in real time, spotting the strongest angles that resonate with our audience and ensuring our journalism is accurate and remains rooted in fact at all times.
Experience of working in digital journalism, knowing how to use a CMS and understanding the importance of metadata, tagging, captions and audience insights to ensure our content performs at its best is critical to this role.
What skills you need:
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Have at least 2-3 years’ experience working in digital journalism.
- Have experience interviewing, sourcing stories and writing for digital publications with a sound understanding of media law
- Be able to work flexible hours in order to meet the demands of a digital newsroom
- Be technically proficient on CMS
- Be inclusive and collaborative
- Have excellent communication skills at all levels, and an ability to work collaboratively with multiple teams
What they can offer you:
My client are a household name and offer a friendly supportive environment. This role not only offers you to work with some of the best in the business but also some of the nicest!
Submit your details for more information about this opportunity.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for ourselves and our clients. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, natural origin, genetics, disability or age.